In this article, you will learn about manufactured home baseboard installation. Baseboard installation can be daunting, but it’s necessary to keep your home looking its best. If you’re replacing baseboard in a mobile home, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
- 1 How Many Skirting Boards Do You Need?
- 2 What Does It Take To Replace a Skirting Board?
- 3 How to Install Baseboard on Mobile Home: Step-By-Step Instructions
- 3.1 Step 1. Measure the length of the wall you will be installing the baseboard on and cut the baseboard to size
- 3.2 Step 2. Apply construction adhesive to the back of the baseboard and attach it to the wall
- 3.3 Step 3. Drive a finishing nail into the top of the baseboard every 12″ to hold it in place
- 3.4 Step 4. Fill any gaps between the baseboard and the wall with caulk
- 4 FAQ
- 5 Conclusion
How Many Skirting Boards Do You Need?
When remodeling or renovating a room, one of the most important decisions to make is how many baseboards to buy. This article will provide tips on how to calculate the number of baseboards needed for a room.
- Measure the length of the room.
- Measure the height of the room.
- Multiply the length of the room by the height of the room. This will give you the total square footage of the room.
- Divide the total square footage of the room by 30 (the approximate width of a baseboard). This will give you the number of baseboards needed.
For example, if a room is 10 feet long by 8 feet high, the total square footage of the room is 80. 80 divided by 30 equals 2.7, so the room would need 3 baseboards.
Maybe you would be interested: What Is Skirting Board?
What Does It Take To Replace a Skirting Board?
There are a few tools you will need to replace a baseboard:
- a straight edge,
- a tape measure,
- a level,
- a saw,
- a hammer,
How to Install Baseboard on Mobile Home: Step-By-Step Instructions
Read step by step on how to replace a baseboard:
Step 1. Measure the length of the wall you will be installing the baseboard on and cut the baseboard to size
When installing in manufactured homes, skirting boards on the baseboard, measure and cut the baseboard to the correct length before installing.
Step 2. Apply construction adhesive to the back of the baseboard and attach it to the wall
- Start by cleaning the surfaces to be glued. Use a wire brush to remove the baseboard surface dirt, dust, and debris. Then wipe the surface with a clean cloth.
- Apply a thin layer of construction adhesive to the baseboard surface. Do not apply too much adhesive, as this will make it difficult to position the baseboard correctly.
- Press the baseboard down firmly. Make sure that the adhesive is spread evenly over the surface of the skirting board.
- Hold the skirting board in place for a few minutes until the glue has cured. Do not move the skirting board until the glue has cured.
Step 3. Drive a finishing nail into the top of the baseboard every 12″ to hold it in place
Driving a finishing nail into the baseboard is a simple task that can be completed in a few easy steps.
To drive a finishing nail into the baseboard, start by positioning the nail at the desired location and then use a hammer to strike the head of the nail until it is fully inserted into the baseboard.
If needed, use a level to ensure the nail is perpendicular to the floor before striking it with the hammer.
Step 4. Fill any gaps between the baseboard and the wall with caulk
- Apply a bead of caulk to the gap.
- Use a caulking gun to press the caulk into the gap.
- Smooth the caulk with your finger.
- Allow the caulk to dry.
How to cut mobile home skirting boards?
To install the flat skirting boards, you need to make a straight cut. Use a circular saw with a fine-tooth blade or a miter saw. Cut the skirting at the level of the floor and if needed, a little higher.
How to cut vinyl skirting boards?
The easiest way to cut vinyl skirting is to use a sharp blade, a sharp blade is important because a dull blade will cause the vinyl to fray and will not give a clean edge.
How much is a skirting board for in modular homes?
The price can range from $50 to $200 depending on the skirt and the size of the skirt.
How long does it take to put skirting boards on a mobile home?
The first time you install a baseboard usually takes about three to four days. This is because it is a new process. After that, the job usually takes one to two days.
In this article, we told you how to replace the skirting board. Replacing the baseboard in a mobile home can be a daunting task, but it is a job that a beginner can complete. The most important thing to remember is to take your time and be patient.